This weekend my social media was filled with beautiful posts for Mothers Day, pictures of pretty moms and the I love Mom profile pictures and probably that is what inspired me to write this post. Hey! I am guilty of the Happy Mothers Day post too, in fact, I even submitted an article to a local site in the hope of getting a prize for my mum in exchange. The article I sent in can be found here and yes my mum did get a lovely gift in return 😀
But that doesn’t mean I don’t love my father and that his importance is any less in my life. In fact, I’ve been going on and on about the sacrifices a mother makes for her kids in my various articles so I thought I might as well throw some light on the role of a father which is no less important than that of a mother. Sure a mother goes through a lot; discomfort during pregnancy, extreme pain when giving birth, nursing and changing you, sleepless nights and what not, however, your father is not far behind in what he has done.
I have witnessed my father, my father-in-law and now even my husband (in the role of a father to our infant) and have seen the efforts they put in to provide their children with the best of everything.
- Love him for the shelter he put above your head: The place that you call home, the comfortable bed you lie on…all reflect the endeavours of your father to provide you with shelter;
- Love him for the food you eat: He works days and nights just so he can provide you with the most nutritious meal. He would forgo his own wishes just to get you the candies and chocolates you had been whining about;
- Love him for each word you’ve learnt: Though he may not be able to spend much time at home but he willing spends his hard earned money to provide you with the best education. School fee, examination fee, college fee, books, tuitions, school picnics…he happily pays for whatever will help you become successful in life. Don’t make fun of his broken English or even his qualification, he was the one who paid and strived for your qualification;
- Love him for the time he gives you: After a tiring day at work when one just wants to lie on the couch and relax, he still tries to spend some time with you. I’ve seen my husband work 12-14 hours and still come back home and play with BabyR because she enjoys sitting on his lap and playing with him. He would even happily sing her to sleep because she loves it;
- Love him for everything he has given you: Every toy that you’ve played with, every piece of clothing you wear, every little of your wishes that he fulfilled…love him for that. Who knows how many of his own wishes he would have sacrificed to get you that guitar you wanted or that fancy bicycle that you saw at your friend’s house;
- Love him for the sake of Allah: Quran mentions mother at numerous places however the importance of parents has also been highlighted on many occasion by the Holy Prophet and numerous Hadith and Quranic verses can be found on how we should be kind to our parents;
- Love him simply because…there can be no one like him! He’s the super cool, super hero, the cutest person and the most loving man you will ever meet in your life!
I love you Papa (my dad)! I know the above doesn’t do justice to what all you have done for me but you are simply the best!
I love you Abbu (my father in law)! For loving me like a daughter and always remembering me in your prayers. For never making me feel like a “Bahu” and always taking care of my wishes.
I love you, Hubby! For being the best father to BabyR. I am sure she would appreciate and love you for it when she grows up.